ABOUT BEL-AIR ASSOCIATION
Since its establishment in 1942, the Bel-Air Association has played a vital role in our community. With a current membership of 550 residences, our mission is to preserve the essence of home ownership and property values in Bel-Air. We actively engage with government officials, developers, homeowners, media, and neighboring groups to advocate responsible land use development.
Our ablity to enact positive change is driven by financial resources, enabling us to make tangible improvements in Bel-Air. We also oversee the 501(c)(3) registered KBAB (Keep Bel-Air Beautiful) program, aligning with our commitment to environmental and aesthetic integrity. In summary, the Bel-Air Association is dedicated to sustaining the unique qualities that define the exceptional Bel-Air lifestyle.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are actively seeking a capable Executive Director to lead our non-profit homeowner's association with the assistance of one full-time staff member. This role requires the core qualities of diplomacy, determination, and problem-solving. The ideal candidate should be proactive and self-starting, able to excel in engaging with local city officials and assertively advocating for our community's interests.
The Executive Director will play a central role in driving our growth, overseeing tasks that include expanding our membership, diversifying revenue streams, and managing critical areas like architectural review, street safety, and emergency preparedness. As the organization's public face, the Executive Director will work closely with the Board to promote community well-being. Their adeptness in working with all kinds of people will be crucial in nurturing positive relationships, both with city officials, ensuring effective representation of our community's needs, but also with all the members of the Bel-Air community.
- Provide visionary leadership to the organization, setting strategic goals, and driving the implementation of initiatives to achieve the association's mission.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, ensure effective utilization of resources and volunteer management, and continuously improve processes.
- Provide directions and goals to staff assistant in her role while maintaining a positive and inclusive organizational culture that promotes teamwork, innovation, and accountability.
- Engage with the Board President, Executive Board Members, and fellow board colleagues, all while serving as the representative of the Bel Air Association within the community.
- Develop a strategic plan for the BAA that sees us through the next three years.
Operations & Quality Assurance
- Develop and execute strategies to increase the association's membership size, focusing on member recruitment and retention efforts.
- Plan and execute outreach campaigns, events, and initiatives to highlight membership benefits.
- Collaborate with the Board to facilitate efficient and productive meetings, ensuring alignment on key decisions and initiatives.
- Provide guidance to the Board on effective governance practices, strategic planning, and community engagement.
- Establish an organized tracking system for properties under construction, ensuring compliance with Architectural Review guidelines whether there are existing CC&Rs or not.
- Oversee scheduling of and work closely with the Architectural Review Committee to streamline review processes and maintain community aesthetics.
- Cultivate strong relationships with LA City stakeholders, including Councilwoman Yaroslavsky's team, LADOT, and LADBS, among others.
- Leverage existing relationships and experience to navigate city procedures and advocate for the Association's interests.
- Address street safety concerns and work collaboratively with residents as well as city officials to implement solutions that enhance community safety.
- Develop strategies to mitigate party house-related issues, promoting a peaceful and cohesive neighborhood.
- Collaborate with the finance committee to manage the association's financial affairs, including budget development, revenue diversification, expense oversight, and comprehensive financial reporting.
- Identify and explore additional revenue sources to augment income from membership and Architectural Review fees. This involves optimizing existing business lines such as Parking, Filming, and 100th-Anniversary events/History Book, as well as discovering potential new income sources.
The successful candidate will have many of the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated success in growing membership and diversifying revenue.
- Familiarity with Architectural Review processes and CC&Rs enforcement in a homeowners association context is a plus.
- Strong network and experience collaborating with LA City officials.
- Knowledge of street safety best practices and effective solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex ideas persuasively.
- Financial acumen and experience in budget management and revenue diversification.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and project management software.
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer service to both internal and external audiences.
- Proficiency in urban planning and land use strategies is highly advantageous.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to accomplish the Association’s priorities with the assistance of one staff member and a team of volunteers.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is an in-office, full-time role based in Bel-Air, CA. Compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The base salary is accompanied by an incentive-based annual bonus every March, health insurance, and 3 weeks of vacation time.
The Bel-Air Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including veterans and persons with disabilities.
Envision Consulting was retained by Bel-Air Association to conduct the search for their incoming Executive Director.
Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application process may contact Envision Consulting at 626.889.7905 to request and arrange for assistance.