ABOUT THE PABLOVE FOUNDATION
The Pablove Foundation is a national non-profit organization working to solve childhood cancer through art + science. The overall mission of The Pablove Foundation is to improve the lives of children living with cancer through the arts, and invest in underfunded cutting-edge pediatric cancer research, serving children from all socio-economic backgrounds in urban, suburban, and rural regions surrounding major pediatric cancer centers.
The Pablove Foundation is named after Pablo Thrailkill Castelaz, who was diagnosed with bilateral Wilms Tumor, a rare form of childhood cancer, in 2008. Pablo was six years old when he lost his valiant yearlong battle. With the love of the extended community, The Pablove Foundation believes that the world can be a better place by embracing joy and hope – even in the darkest moments.
Our signature healing arts program, Pablove Shutterbugs, has served nearly 2,000 children across the country to date. 100% of proceeds from the sales of our Pablove Shutterbug students’ photos directly fund pediatric cancer research. In addition, we have provided over $3.5 million in seed funding for daring pediatric cancer researchers on the leading edge of their fields worldwide.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Working alongside a small, but mighty and dedicated team, the Executive Director will be the lead spokesperson of Pablove, taking every opportunity to develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Leading with empathy, the ideal candidate will be passionate and well-versed in issues related to the health and well-being of children and their families.
Responsible for the overall management and leadership of the organization, including operations, programming, partnerships, advocacy, fundraising, communications, and finances, the ideal candidate will also have experience growing a nonprofit organization, taking an active role in creating and implementing a strategic plan. Their exceptional management skills will be applied to further developing staff and building a cohesive team. With a strong background in fundraising strategy and individual giving, the next Executive Director will be able to harness the power of compassion and storytelling to effectively engage new partners, donors, and community members.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Organization Strategy and Leadership
- Foster a culture that attracts and motivates a dynamic staff of top-quality employees, while building on commitment and enthusiasm for vision and mission.
- Inspire success with staff, community partners, and Board members, creating an environment that delivers effective and efficient programs while supporting the founding principles of the organization.
- Collaborate with the Board and staff to create and implement a strategic plan that prioritizes opportunities for additional programming and resource development, while maintaining effective operations and finances.
- Lead financial planning, forecasting, and analytical activities; ensure alignment of financial plan with vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and the Development Committee to create, implement, and manage a robust and diverse fundraising strategy to meet annual goals and foster long-term growth.
- Build on the organization’s successful fundraising events and campaigns while seeking new revenue opportunities and fundraising models.
- Cultivate major donors and supporters to grow the organization’s individual giving program.
- Secure partnerships with foundations and corporations.
- Lead innovative community-building initiatives to increase the visibility of The Pablove Foundation, its programs, services and activities, and maintain positive public relations.
- Assist the Board to identify, recruit and develop engaged and active board members to promote the organization’s vision and strategy through active fundraising and committee participation.
- Serves as a spokesperson for Pablove with the media and at public events.
- Oversee all financial matters, including maintaining budgets, approving and reviewing expenditures, and developing financial plans and procedures.
- In collaboration with the Board, develop an annual organizational budget, as well as longer term organizational development goals and costs to be funded and implemented.
- Establish a financial strategy that ensures sustainability, healthy cash flow and adequate reserves and investments.
- Ensure compliance on contractual obligations and agreements.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in progressively responsible roles, including executive management positions in the nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, including a proven track record in soliciting major gifts and developing partnerships with foundations and corporate sponsors.
- Success in creating and implementing a strategic plan, as well as forming strong community partnerships.
- Detailed knowledge of fiscal management, including annual budgeting and cash flow analysis.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Board of Directors, community groups, and stakeholders.
- Capacity to think strategically and quickly identify viable funding opportunities while balancing competing priorities with limited resources.
- Demonstrated success forming strong community partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience in scaling organizations.
- Demonstrated belief in and a commitment to continued professional growth for self and development of employees, volunteers, and a Board of Directors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead operations and collaborate with staff, work with diverse groups of people and a wide range of faiths, beliefs, ages, cultures, and experiences.
- A passion for the mission of The Pablove Foundation.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $150,000 - $180,000. The Pablove Foundation offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid time off, and 403(b).
The Pablove Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Envision Consulting was retained by The Pablove Foundation to conduct the search for their incoming Executive Director.
Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application process may contact Envision Consulting at 626.889.7905 to request and arrange for assistance.